We provide home visits virtual services as well. Call 734 215 5543 for information.
Environmental Health Assessment Tool: https://envirn.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/davis-home-environmental-health-and-safety-assessment-tool.pdf
What Environmental Health Concerns Should I Worry About, and Why? https://terrapass.com/blog/environmental-health-concerns-family
Basic Need Assistance 211: https://www.211.org/
Basic Need Assistance: https://www.waynemetro.org/cares/
Basic Need Assistance: https://samaritancenterdetroit.org/
Family Preparedness Safety Plan: https://www.ready.gov/plan
Home Fire Escape Plan: https://www.ready.gov/home-fire-escape-plan
Safety Skills: https://www.ready.gov/safety-skills
Shelter In Michigan: https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/michigan.html
Emergency Relief: home, Utilities and Burial: https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-71547_5531---,00.html
What if my baby and I do not have a place to live?
• There are agencies that can help you find housing.
o They can help you find a temporary place to live.
o They also can help you find a permanent place to live.
o Visit MI Bridges www.Michigan.gov/MiBridges
What if my house or apartment is in an unsafe neighborhood?
• If you live in an unsafe neighborhood, you should have a safety plan in mind. This means knowing exactly what you would do if you were threatened – who you would call and where you would go.
• Always lock entry doors, car doors, windows, etc.
• You may be able to get your local police to come and do a safety inspection.
How do I keep my baby safe from environmental hazards in our home?
• Find out how to prevent lead poisoning. Lead can be in old paint, household dust, soil, and some ceramics. Learn more about lead from MDHHS MI Lead Safe www.Michigan.gov/MiLeadSafe
• Find out how to prevent problems caused by toxic household chemicals. These chemicals are in cleaning products, pesticides, paint, and automotive products.