We provide home visits virtual services as well. Call 734 215 5543 for information.
Marijuana - Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: https://youtu.be/gejXD3yl5jk
Marijuana - Development of Baby Brains: http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2019/marijuana-exposure-affects-developing-babies-brains/
Substance Misuse and Stress and Depression: https://recoveryfirst.org/co-occuring-disorders/depression-and-substance-abuse/
Substance Misuse and Domestic Violence: https://www.addictioncenter.com/addiction/domestic-violence/
Safe Storage of Marijuana and other Substances:
Is Vaping Safer than Smoking:
Opioid Use During Pregnancy: https://www.cdc.gov/pregnancy/opioids/index.html
Prescription Medicines While Pregnant: https://youtu.be/hBl9xmba0rs?list=PLN0BCjq-YUqbpocPbrfGGboW-Unb2EbQn
Narcotics Anonymous - Find a Meeting: https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/
Pain management during Labor and Delivery
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: https://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/health/n/nas
What if I use drugs/substances while pregnant? Drug use during pregnancy can lead to:
• Premature labor.
• Low birth weight, which put your baby at risk for illness and delays in development.
• Your placenta can separate from your uterus, which can be life-threatening.
Some legal, prescription medications:
• Can cause birth defects.
• May cause long-term effects such as behavior problems.
• But some may be necessary for your health or your baby’s health.
Always take prescription drugs as directed by your healthcare provider (HCP). Ask before you start, stop, or change the dosage of a prescription.
• Even well-known medicines from the drugstore can be harmful in pregnancy.
• Always ask your doctor before using over-the-counter drugs while pregnant.
• Dietary supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, and amino acids.
• Your doctor might have you take certain vitamins and minerals during pregnancy.
• Ask your doctor before taking supplements. Most supplements have not been proven to be safe during pregnancy.
Is marijuana safe while pregnant or breastfeeding?
• There is no amount of marijuana proven to be safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding
• Using marijuana while pregnant may be linked to preterm birth, low birth weight, and problems with learning and behavior2
• Marijuana use can increase the risk of sleep-related infant death.
• Marijuana can be transferred to your baby in breast milk so it should not be used while breastfeeding.